Once you have viewed the First Steps video (if you are participating in a Study Abroad Office program) and have chosen a study abroad program, you are now ready to begin the on-line application process.
Much of your application can be completed online (essays, recommendation letters, contact information, etc.). Other parts of your application will need to be submitted directly to the office that is sponsoring your program (SAO, ACES, BUS, IPENG, etc.).
There are three types of documents that you will deal with during the application process:
- Material submissions, such as an official transcript, which you submit directly to the office that sponsors your specific program. You can bring these in person to the office or send it via mail. Many submissions can also be scanned and emailed.
- Signature documents, such as the release of information form, that you read and "sign" online.
- Questionnaires, such as the personal essay, that you complete and submit online.
Please note that all programs sponsored by third party providers, including ACTR, Arcadia, IAU, IES, IFSA-Butler, CCIS, CIC, CIEE, MSID, OTS and SFS require a separate application, in addition to the one required by the Study Abroad Office. Supporting doucments for these separate applications willl need to be submitted directly to the Study Abroad Office.
Steps to Apply
- View First Steps video
- Decide on a program
- Locate your program of interest in our Program Search
- Click on "Create App" and follow the instructions to create your own personal homepage.
- Complete the checklist of each application piece associated with your program.