Illinois places a high priority on the health and well being of students and personnel. We've constructed policies and procedures to serve this end.
International Safety and Security
- International Safety and Security Website
- General Travel Guidelines
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate Students
- Program Leaders
- Research Abroad
- SAO 24-hour Emergency phone: +1 (217) 333-1216
- Email Erin DeLuca, Coordinator for International Safety and Security, if you have questions related to an emergency abroad.
- The U.S. Department of State provides a list of 911 equivalent phone numbers for countries around the world. In case of emergency, that list can be found here.
- Pre-Departure Orientation (PDF) (Study Abroad)
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) (Department of State)
- International Insurance coverage details
- International Insurance requirements for RSOs and research or conferences abroad
- Orientation Handbook (Illinois Abroad and Global Exchange)
- International Safety and Security (University Library)
- Students Abroad (Department of State)
The University of Illinois endorses and continues to learn from the recommendations of both the Forum on Education Abroad's Good Practices and the NAFSA Association of International Educators' Health and Safety Task Force findings: Responsible Study Abroad: Good Practices for Health and Safety. These documents represent the collective work of University Health and Safety staff, legal counsel, insurance representatives, study abroad experts, and risk analysts.