This form needs to be completed for each semester that you plan to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Restricted Fields of Study (list updated 2/19/17)
The following programs/departments/schools/colleges and their courses are NOT open to exchange students admitted through the campus Study Abroad Office.
- Department of Advertising (ADV courses)
- Division of Broadcast Journalism (JOUR courses)
- College of Business (ACCY, BADM, and FIN courses)
- Department of Bioengineering (BIOE courses)
- Department of Computer Sciences (CS courses)
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE courses)
- Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering (ME courses)
- Division of General Studies
- Graduate College
- School of Labor and Employment Relations (LER courses)
- College of Law (LAW courses)
- Graduate School of Library and Information Sciences (LIS courses)
- College of Medicine
- Technology and Information Management Program (TGMT courses)
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Any internships, co-op programs, or teaching practicums in local schools.
The following departments/colleges experience high enrollment demand. Consequently, you will need to have maximum flexibility in course choices from these departments.
- Architecture (College of Fine & Applied Arts)—limited access to studio classes
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (College of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Chemistry (College of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
- Economics (College of Liberal Arts & Sciences)—VERY limited enrollment
- College of Education
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (College of Engineering)
- Kinesiology (College of Applied Health Sciences)—VERY limited enrollment
- Landscape Architecture (College of Fine & Applied Arts)—enrollment in studio classes must be pre-arranged
- Sociology (College of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
As you identify courses of interest and as you work with your home university on your study plan, please consider the following:
- You should enroll in courses at a variety of levels. You are strongly discouraged from taking more than three courses at the 300-level or higher.
- We do not recommend taking more than three courses in your major, especially in engineering and the sciences.
- You must enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester to maintain full-time student status.
- Undergraduate students are limited to courses at the 100- to 400- levels; enrollment in courses at the 500-level or higher are by permission only, and permission may not be granted.
- To facilitate academic advising, you should limit your course choices to 2-3 academic departments.
- This form is NOT a registration form.
- This form is NOT used to reserve seats for you in classes.
- Please be advised that the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign cannot guarantee enrollment in classes, even if the home university requires that course.