Instructions & Components
Here are the next steps in completing your application to participate in an exchange program at Illinois.
All incoming exchange students must submit their applications electronically. You should have received the link and access code via email from your home university.
Click on the link provided by your study abroad advisor from your home university.
- Click "Apply Now"
- In the pop up box that appears click "OK". Important note: you will not be charged an application fee.
- Select the radio button next to “I do not have login credentials to this site.", then click "Submit".
- Select the radio button next to “I am a non-US applicant interested in the following program.” Then select the program you are applying to. Then click "Submit".
- Fill in the new User form, then click "Create account".
- You will receive an email with your username and temporary password. Clicking the link in the email will take you to the login page. The username is your email address, type or copy and paste the temporary password.
- Next you will select Password Reset Security Questions, click "Update".
- Change Temporary password. Please use a password that you are familiar with as this is how you will access your application.
- Select Term for which you wish to attend Illinois.
- Enter the Access Code provided by your study abroad advisor then click "Save".
- You are now on the program application page. Click on the name of the Document or Questionnaire to complete. Important note: Remember to use this initial username and password (not the Illinois NetID and password that you receive after your acceptance) to access your online application.
The following documents must be uploaded as part of the completed application.