College of Education
• Completion of the Course Approval Summary Form is required before departure.
• Grading options need to be decided by mid-term.
• All courses taken abroad must be approved.
• Submit the Course Approval Summary Form to: 110 Education Building.
If you are submitting your Course Approval Summary Form during the Fall 2020 semester, scan and email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webpage is for students enrolled in the College of Education that are studying abroad on a pre-approved program. To be considered a full-time Illinois student and qualify for financial aid, you must be enrolled in the minimum full-time academic load as defined by your host institution and complete 12 or more Illinois credit hours abroad. Students who receive the Monetary Award Program (MAP Grant) from the state of Illinois, are required to complete the equivalent of 15 Illinois credits.
Course Approval Instructions
Instructions for Completing the Columns
Please follow the instructions in order:
- Comment Section: Use of this section is to be used by the Study Abroad Course (299) Advisors or the Admissions/Records Officer (also see instructions for Column #7).
- Academic Advisor’s Signature/Date
- Student signature: This form will not be considered complete without your signature.
- College approval: Please submit your Course Approval Summary Form to Kathy Ryan in 110 Education Building. You will need to attach printouts from the Course Approval Database and course descriptions (these items will be housed in your file in the Student Academic Affairs Office, 110 Education Building).
After signing your Course Approval Summary Form, the Admissions/Records Officer will scan the following documents which will be added to your Education file:
- Copy of the Course Approval Summary Form
- Copies of Course Approval Database printouts
- Additional Course information if provided
You must obtain approvals for all courses taken abroad. If the courses that were preapproved do not match the courses actually taken abroad, you must obtain approval for all additional courses upon your return.